Reconditioning Program – Getting Started
- Patients meet first with Dr. Sanders for a detailed musculoskeletal health assessment and consult. The patient’s lifestyle habits, daily activities and hobbies are key for Dr. Sanders in developing a plan that works well into their life.
- Recommendations for a weight-management diet (if necessary) and nutrition plan are made.
- The current condition of the injury, or area of concern, is assessed and strengthening goals are established.
- Patients then meet with a certified trainer to discuss the role of the injury-specific exercises, as well as those for supporting muscle groups.
- Pre-surgical patients are explained in detail the scope of the procedure, immediate limitations following surgery, and importance of continued movement on the injured limb. They are then strengthened through nutrition and exercise to ensure the best post-surgery results and a rapid recovery.